SDHS News and Media
COVID-19 Update August 4 2020
Thank you to everyone who has continued to support the work of SimcoeDHumane during the last few months. Whether you have fostered, donated, fostered-to-adopt, volunteered, worked with animals at the shelter, helped with veterinary care or shared kind words during the struggles of animal-sheltering during a pandemic, you gave us the strength to carry-on each day.
Starting this week we are back to our regular office hours:
11am -3pm (Closed Wednesday and Sunday) for donations, adoption fee payments, Royal Canin food sales, virtual foster-to-adopt pick ups or arrangements and supply pickups.
We ask that all money transactions be done with debit, visa, mastercard or e-transfer.
Following all precautions we will still be:
- adopting virtually and
- ask that you use our online tools to adopt, foster, volunteer,
- order your supplies or Royal Canin foods online
- e-transfer firstname.lastname@example.org or use a paypal link on our website to donate
- email to get in touch!
If you visit the shelter you will be asked to:
- wear a mask (maybe gloves),
- sanitize your hands,
- stay in or near your vehicle
- call the numbers posted to get assistance.
- Please social distance
We love HUGS! And miss those handshakes BUT we ask you to keep 6' social distancing in mind! ... Air Hugs and Handshakes approved!
As always, we ask for your help and appreciate your donations! We have not stopped helping the animals during this period, continuing emergency care for the sick, injured and dying. Now we are playing catch-up with surgeries and fundraising!
Simcoe and District Humane Society
is still helping the animals
Update on Services May 20 2020
However, most of our work will be done virtually.
We will only have 1 volunteer in the shelter at a time and the public will not be able to enter until further notice.
We will be following all previously set protocols for shelter sanitation, animal wellness and volunteer/staff/client health and safety.
It is a new normal of animal and shelter care ... we will follow all appropriate Shelter Care Guidelines suggested by Veterinary, Shelter, and Government bodies.
Intake of Strays, surrenders, abandoned, etc will still be individually assessed. Urgent requests will be done by appointment through the internet www.SimcoeDHumane.ca or phone 519-428-9161 for emergency press 2 (message may be left)
Please do not use facebook, twitter or other social media for urgent requests.
All Adoptions will be “foster-to-adopt” with a minimum 2-week foster timeline.
Because we are “virtual”, and you are choosing your pet online we want to make sure everything “fits”
Start your adoption process www.Petango.com/SimcoeDHumane
For Dropoff and pickup of animals, donations, or food instructions will be given when your appointment is made.
- You will call the number given to you and let staff know you are there.
- Please follow the instructions given and keep Social Distance of 6 feet
Please, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
WE HAVE CONTINUED …
WE ARE ASKING YOU TO CONTINUE WITH US!
Your Donation Counts!
Donate online today to help us continue to help those less fortunate animals!
Simcoe and District Humane Society's Response to COVID-19
UPDATE April 10, 2020
To our Valued Adopters, Donors, Clients, Those who find animals and Volunteers,
At Simcoe and District Humane Society, the safety and well-being our Adopters, Donors, Visitors, Volunteers, Staff and Animals is always our top priority. Rest assured that we are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking precautionary measures to help keep our communities safe. As an essential service to our people and animals, we are committed to implementing best practices to prevent the spread of disease so that we can be there to help when you need us.
To help with prevention, we are taking the following precautionary measures to protect all people and animals:
- Only 1 volunteer/staff member will be working at the shelter or in a designated area at any time
- We are continuing to provide our Team Members with regular updates on COVID-19 and our Shelter as an Essential Service
- Our Essential services during the COVID-19 Pandemic is guided by the AAWO, AASAO, Ontario Shelter Medicine Association, HSUS and CVMA shelter care guidelines.
- We will continue to source. and provide an ample supply of:
- hand sanitizers
- disinfectant wipes
- masks (Personal Cloth Masks as of April 10th)
- single-use gloves
- foot bath
- boot/shoe covers
- Aprons or gowns
- We will be closing the shelter to the public
- We will close the shelter to any volunteer who is not on our shelter schedule during this critical period to conserve in our use of PPE, as human medical facilities are priority
- We will be performing additional sanitation protocols in and around the shelter
- If persons need to access one of our Essential Services we ask you first arrange things on our website www.SimcoeDHumane.ca
- When at the sheleter keep the recommended safe social distance by staying in your car, sanitize your hands, call 519-428-9161 press 1 and a volunteer will assist you.
- We will not be shaking hands with customers, as suggested by the Public Health Agency of Canada
- Any Team Member who has flu like symptoms will be asked to contact the Public Health Agency and follow the COVID-19 testing protocol, including self-isolation where required
- Staying up to date on Public Health Agency of Canada updates and following all guidance
As much as we can will be done online www.SimcoeDHumane.ca Phones may not be answered as our hours are shortened dramatically due to COVID-19
- Food/Supply Assistance forms for those affected by COVID-19
- Urgent Request of Assistance for Victims of COVID-19
- Volunteer applications
- Foster Home, Adoption Applications (both pdf and online)
- Royal Canin Food order form
- Foster Home Supply order form
- Re-homing Request forms (urgent and Non-Urgent)
- Lost and Found Animals and Reports
- Information and updates on COVID-19 Response
© Copyright Simcoe and District Humane Society